After Math

I'm feeling a little better today. Thank God.

I woke up with my eyes all puffy and then remembered why they were that way. Still must show up in school, important day.

I chose not to pass through school to get to the car park, to avoid any observant person from seeing the dented, very brighly coloured Kancil. Still ashamed of the accident.

School was a good place today. It took my mind off things. I got to laugh and tease and make silly comments, all in good fun. I was grateful for that time, otherwise I would have been a grumpy pot wollowing in self pity.

I hardly had any class today. The only class was math, and by that time the late morning heat was seeping into the afternoon blaze which made me sleepy. Concentration mode: negative. Well, OK, I did understand some stuff, but mostly it was just copying whatever was on the board, to be digested at home.

The FSC orientation scheduled to be today was cancelled, due to unforeseen circumstances. I wonder if it's shifted to tomorrow. If it is, I'll have to cancel a movie date with Jo and Mon =(

Because there wasn't any orientation, I went to have lunch with my fellow VEBians at the nearby coffee shop.

At first, it was only Suzanne, Jino, Ben and I. Then slowly many more started coming and soon we had joined up 4 tables or so to fit the many of us.

It was fun chatting with the upper sixers as well, and laughing at stupid stuff. Hahaha. This was the last time, or one of the last few times we would be able to do so. I should say we've gotten along quite well.

Then we all walked back to school, the girls holding each other closely just in case the guys ran off without us. Mohan became our traffic warden, hehe. And I kept teasing how formal his conversations were. Hehehehe.

The VEB AGM commenced a little later then scheduled. Pn. Jaya gave her speech, then the secretary and Mohan gave the annual report and accounts. Chin Fei gave his speech and installed the new board:

Editor-In-Chief: Benjamin Ong
Sub Editors: Leong Lik Wen, Lim Jinq Sien(Jino), Keeshore Apparavoo
Secretary: Suzanne Cheng
Asst. Secretary: Yip Li-Shen
Treasurer: Amy Tan
Asst. Treasurer: Denise Chin

Head of Departments:
News and Reports: Denise Chin
Business: Debbie Mak
Graphics: Siang Hang
Photography: Yip Li-Shen
Literary: Tineshwaren
Science: Suzanne Cheng

So there, I have two posts. The assistant treasurer one came as a surprise, the editors didn't want to tell me at first. I have more than enough work on my hands.

After the meeting, I drove home, still pissed at that hands-free kit. I've resolved to not use it anymore, and instead use my Nokia one once I find it. Em has it. Somewhere.

I spoke to Jared for a while, upon reaching home, and made me feel a little better. Then I spoke to Marcia, whom had sensed something was wrong with me at the party last Saturday. Wow.

It was God-sent that she called me. I guess I needed the Youth Minister to council me, hehe. I felt much better after talking to her too. It's been aages since we've really talked and caught up. I miss those days actually; we were really close. Sigh.

There was less tension between Papa and I today. He seemed pretty normal actually. Which was a huge, huge relief. All he did was ask me how the car was, and if the temperature had risen. Negative to both. And he was normal after that. I'm so relieved.

I've got a Bio practical tomorrow. Hmmm. Which reminds me. Ben brought dried up frog's skin to class today, from last year's disection experiment. Ewww. For some reason, I was the only one grossed out. Weirdos.


The 'All That Jazz' party last Saturday. This was the girls' picture. Sitting: Me, Stefanie, Colleen, Charlene, Tina. Stuck in the middle: Carol. Second row: Cynthia, Jennifer, Fiona and Brinda (Birthday girls). Top two: Marcia and Jacklyn. Notice how formal the girls look ;)

More pictures here.

Time for bed. It was a good day, I'm hoping for a better one tomorrow ;)

Comments

Popular Posts